The next Belconnen Community Council public forum will be held at
7.30pm, Tuesday 16 June
Community Room, upstairs from the Belconnen Library
A short agenda is:
7.30pm-7.40pm Welcome and Chair’s report, including update from Glen Hyde on the Department of Immigration potential move
7.40pm-7.50pm Update from Riverview Group (West Belconnen) on the draft variation to the Territory Plan open for comment
7.50pm-8.20pm Presentation from the National Capital Authority on the exposure draft for the National Capital Plan
8.20pm-8.30pm Short break
8.30pm-9.00pm Presentation on Project Independence in Latham by Glenn Keys
9.00pm-9.15pm Presentation by ACT bushwalking legend John Evans on walks to do in and around Belconnen
Committee vacancy – nominations sought!
The BCC Committee is currently seeking nominations to fill the vacant position on our committee. Are you interested in community issues, planning, and promoting Belconnen? Have you attended three public meetings in the past 12 months? If you’ve answered yes to both questions, we’d love to hear from you. Please submit a short paragraph about yourself to firstname.lastname@example.org by Sunday, 14 June. In the event we receive more than one nomination, we will have a brief vote at the public meeting on Tuesday, 16 June.
Consultations and planning
- In addition to the update at our meeting, information sessions on the West Belconnen development are being held on Thursday, 11 June at 5pm and Saturday, 13 June at 10am at the Kippax Project Office.
- The auction of Section 200 in Belconnen (the car park behind the Labor Club) will be held on 17 June.
- Of particular interest is the updated Indicative Land Release program. If you have any questions about this, please contact us. I’ll provide a quick overview in the Chair’s Report at the public forum.
- The Belconnen Arts Centre Pozible campaign which we promoted last month was successfully funded! Thanks to all in the community for their support.
- Did you know Strathnairn Arts, located just past Holt, has a cafe open Thursday to Sunday? For more information, click here.
- The ACT Government keeps a comprehensive online list of permanent overnight and temporary road closures, as well as community path closures. There are a number of closures across Belconnen presently.
As always, if you have any concerns or queries, or want more information about anything, please get in touch with us.
Belconnen Community Council